The other night, I watched a disturbing story on CBC’s Fifth Estate called, “Cruel Camera”. This was a disturbing story about animals intentionally put in harms way and abused in film making. It showed one scene of an ape being punched by its trainer that actually brought tears to my wife and I. This practice still goes on today and even those nature shows we watch on discovery channel are staged. Here is the link for the documentary: http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/cruelcamera/
It is really disturbing and sad to think that many well recognized companies use these poor abused animals and discard them after their film is complete; especially chimps in show business. When they reach an age beyond three or four, they are discarded to zoos and road-side establishments where they live in less than desirable conditions.
On another note, I see the circus is coming back to Town. My hope is that someday the City of Summerside will have a licensing permit where a circus has to apply and there be strict rules in place to ensure animals are treated well and the safety of the animals is respected. I will write more on this at another date.
Sport and Recreation Management College Instructor, Dad, Husband, Volunteer, Former City Councillor, Habs Fan. All views are my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is me with the late, great Guy Lafleur. He was my first hockey hero. When I was maybe 6-7 years old, my uncle gave me a Guy poster wh...
-
My best friend and loyal pet passed away today at the age of 12. Don Cherry had Blue, well I had Nicki. She was my campaign manager for two ...
-
Government Department in Summerside I was certainly surprised and extremely pleased on Friday April 4th when I attended the provincial speec...
-
Incase nobody has noticed through the media, I am a huge policy guy and that is one of the main reasons I ran for City Council. I think poli...
No comments:
Post a Comment